Tuesday 4 March 2008

Babawilly in Lagos 2



16-02-08. 11.30am

Off to the British Council for WAPI event (words and pictures). Event put together by Emem (formerly of the music group KUSH). I read a few poems and the first of my Dear My Sister letters. Received quite good and constructive comments.
2pm-
Gave a power point presentation on Love. Was well received. Recycled a joke I heard the previous night. Goes like this- Na bank name men dey take name woman these days.
If she big na oceanic. If e Lepa and agile na Spring. If e faithful na Fedelity and if im ready for love whatever time of day or night na Access. If im papa Dutch and im mama Yoruba , na Intercontinental, if she be prayer warrior wey sabi cover you on every side- physically, spiritually and emotionally she be Central Bank. If she marry you den go find four other wives from Ghana, Angola, Liberia and Libya, na United Bank of Africa.
Is she no tief your moni na guarantee trust bank. If she dey small cute and summarised, na micro-finance bank. Went down well.
Sold and signed copies of my book- My Time. Met many nice people. Left about 5pm.

No comments: